söndag 6 mars 2011

Flashback from the past







I just found this home in Berlin threw Annaleenas hem and just got such a flashback from when I used to live in Dresden (former East Germany). This was in the mid 90´s and things were a bit different from here. I only lived there for a year but it was a very strong and important experiance for me. We lived in a flat without phone, bathroom, hardly no electricity (when I used the vacuum cleaner everything else turned black...) and no heating. Everyone made their homes from things they found on the streets (literally), including us, and I have never seen such creative homes. People took what they had and made beautiful, individual and expressive decorations and solutions. This home in Berlin is a perfect example of how I remember former East German appartments. Raw, imperfect and personal.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar